Monday 26 January 2015

Ilaiyaraaja saved Kamal Haasan from re-shooting many portions of Hey Ram

Kamal Haasan revealed about a certain incident during the making of his film Hey Ram that not many know of.

The actor, who had also produced and directed the crime drama film, simultaneously made in Tamil and Hindi and released in 2000, had first approached another music composer and recorded the songs for the film. He further shot the songs but wasn't too happy with the results. He sheepishly went back to the legend Ilaiyaraaja and asked him to change the music.

Ilaiyaraaja looked at the edited version of the songs and while looking at the lip sync composed fresh music and synced with already shot portion. So there was no need to re-shoot. "It was an incredible feat..that on lip sync lyrics were fixed," said Amitabh Bachchan while clapping.

READ: Kamal Haasan: Lesser known facts

When Amitabh asked Rajinikanth whether he ever disagreed with Ilaiyaraaja, the latter replied, "I never interfere because music is not my field, I leave everything to him."

Added Kamal Haasan, "I feel I am interfering but actually I am learning. Whenever I argue, he hears me out and explains to me that why I am not right."
And Big B narrated his own experience during the making of Paa few years back when he sang in front of the legend. "I never dared to sing in front of him because it could be embarrassing but during the song recording of Paa, I had to sing in front of him. But yes, I got the opportunity to stand with him in the same room," said Amitabh.

No comments:

Post a Comment