Saturday 21 February 2015

I’m deeply honoured to be working with Kamal sir, states Pooja Kumar.

Pooja Kumar who was last seen in ‘Viswaroopam‘ reveals that she’s more of a fan of Kamal rather than a co-actor. Here’s what she revealed about our Ulaganayagan, “He’s so humble and welcoming to everybody. I could see in his eyes the excitement about what he does in cinema and that sort of inspired me to strive for excellence”.

She also added that, “It was challenging in a different regard. I’m just a newcomer and to perform alongside a legend that has spent over five decades in cinema was quite nerve-wracking. The bigger challenge was to actually develop a relationship and act alongside with him especially when it comes to bringing out the chemistry between us,When I saw what he was doing, I felt motivated to prove my work. The fan in me automatically was replaced by the character I had essayed. Also, I was not just seeing the actor Kamal Haasan to get swayed as a fan. I was also seeing him as director, producer and so many other roles he takes up on sets,”

When quizzed about ‘Uttama Villain‘ here’s more of what she revealed,

“In ‘Uttama Villain’, I play a character from a different era. I play a non-Tamil-speaking modern-day actress, who speaks chaste Tamil. The role also gave me an opportunity to do three different dance set-pieces – a commercial number, another one set in an earlier period and then, dance choreography as part of a stage play.It was challenging to do all these in a single film. I’m a trained dancer, and when I couldn’t get an opportunity to showcase my talent in ‘Vishwaroopam’, I was upset. But my role in ‘Uttama Villain’ had a lot of dancing to do,”  

Pooja concluded saying that, she’s looking forward to the release of ‘Uttama Villain’‘Uttama Villain‘ stars Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah, Parvathi Menon, Parvathy Nair, Jayaram and Urvashi in important roles.

No comments:

Post a Comment