Monday 9 March 2015

Uttama Villain’ is very close to my heart : Nassar

‘Uttama Villain‘ stars Pooja Kumar, Andrea Jeremiah, Parvathi Menon, Parvathy Nair, Nassar, Jayaram and Urvashi in important roles. Though Nassar has acted in almost innumerable number of films, looks like ‘Uttama Villain’ is the closest one to his heart. Here’s what he revealed during the audio launch of  the function that was held in Chennai Trade Centre, Chennai recently.

My son met with a terrible accident on ECR Road a few months back when we were shooting for the film on the same road at a few kilometers away. I left for the hospital but couldn’t see my son who was in ICU. I told Kamal that I’d come to shoot the next day but Kamal insisted that I stay there for a few days till my son recuperated. I insisted on returning to the shooting spot to which he agreed.Kamal lost some lakhs by disbanding the set erected to shoot on the day the accident took place. When I left to see my son at the hospital, I couldn’t reach the hospital soon due to traffic snarl. It was Kamal Haasan who got in touch with the Hospital staff and kept updating me every few minutes on the tests they were conducting and the mode of treatment they proposed to give.

He told me not to possess negative attidude; I followed it and till this day, I didn’t look at the photograph featuring my son’s accident. Had I not returned to the shooting spot on the day of the accident, I might never have returned to starring in films again. I remain extremely thankful to Kamal for being so cooperative; in my long career, Uttama Villain is no doubt an emotionally significant film,’.

No comments:

Post a Comment